Goat number one

Goat number one
It's Exclaim!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Goat House

Talk about starting from scratch...

Ah, my darling husband did such a nice job on the goat house.



After much trial and error, we are finally starting to get into a routine.  We are letting the goats out when we leave for work at 6:00 and tossing them a pile of hay when we get home (also around 6:00).  Inside to take the dogs out for a run around, back in to feed them and us, then back out to grain the goats.  I've been doing a night check around 9:00 and closing them in for the night.  Should be interesting once we toss in kidding season and O My God, milking chores.  Little personalities are starting to emerge.  Hurdy Gurdy, the most shy, is officially in love with Victor.  She gives him big moony eyes and comes over for a scratch when he's around.  Exclaim in the momma bear and likes to put her head in your lap.  Cocoa is my little baby.  Chocolate brown with a splash of white on her head, she leans against me with her eyes closed.  Trysta reminds me of Rudolph the red nosed reindeer with her curious little face.  ("She thinks I'm cuuuuute!")  Teeny came in like the enforcer, but she is my big goomba.  Pim?  Well, I'm confident that Pim will come around.  I called her a shrew, Victor has another word for her.  :-)

Pim, Hurdy Gurdy and Exclaim

1 comment:

  1. I am officially impressed, he did a great job on the Goat house! Love the personality descriptions. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete