Goat number one

Goat number one
It's Exclaim!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

SMDGA First Aid Seminar

This weekend has been all about goats.  A trend that I see continuing ad infinitum of course.  On Saturday I took a trip up to Augusta with Marie and Missy to a goat first aid seminar.  There was a group of about twenty five people, with all kinds of goats, and the speaker was a local vet.  I am now officially freaked out.  I must remember that the purpose of the seminar was to cover things that can go wrong, but it was a little overwhelming to take all that information in.  Bottom line of course, we have happy healthy goats and with a little preparation and common sense, problems will be, God willing, minimal.  We all introduced ourselves and the whole room got a chuckle (read 'belly laugh') at the fact that we were new goat people and had six pregnant does.  I had a couple of people come up and ask me 'Are you the one with the six pregnant does?'  When I said I was, they would laugh and comment that we were in for a lot of fun.  Oh my God, we are screwed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry but that has me ROLLING! You have been busy haven't ya?? J asked me this weekend if we could go back to Aunt Mary's Goats in Maine.. not sure if she was asking about the blog or your house! She is sure ready to visit next summer:)
    Seems like you have been learning lots. I'm sure it can feel overwhelming, just take it all day by day and hold onto all those lessons ;) You'll be fine.
    Muah! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete