Goat number one

Goat number one
It's Exclaim!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Word about Water

It's not like I haven't been in a barn before.  It's not like I haven't had barn critters at HOME before.  When we were looking at spots to build the goat house, the location of the water faucets crossed my mind a few times, but did I pay attention?  Noooooo.  I guess I forgot how much lugging water buckets sucks.  :-)

We are slowly figuring out a routine.  The stall cleaning is in no way like cleaning horse stalls.  Those little beaners slip right through the tines of my wonder fork, lol!  Right now we're just putting hay in the corners of the stall.  Hay is apparently the best stuff ever to pee on.  Once it's pee'd on, it of course can't be eaten, so needless to say we are going through a bit of hay.  I ordered a couple of feeders online, they should be here on Monday so that will (hopefully) alleviate that problem.

I love, love, love the sound of critters munching. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh lugging water, that doesn't sound so fun. I have been reading the blog to J tonight. She is loving it, but thinks you should hurry up and get the horse. LOL She is bound and determined to ask Santa for a Real Horse this year, oh my, we have been talking lots about keeping this real and in the realm of possible. For now she is sure excited to go to Maine next summer. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete